Saturday, October 11, 2008

"EVERYTHING'S GONNA TASTE LIKE SAUSAGE......







These were the words of wisdom today from the Big Boss up in Jersey....you remember the Big Boss, he's the one that made talking an Olympic Endurance sport. It wasn't all that bad I got off the phone fairly quick and he was in a very spirited mood, which is odd because he is not exactly Mr. Congeniality.............. But I thought about what he said that all the meat products I bought yesterday at the Sausage Chalet were going to all taste like sausage. He did have a point since everything is housed in the same glass case. I began to wonder how chicken tenders were going to taste like Kielbasa and am I going to have to serve them with sauerkraut? Daaaaaaaaaaaaad is a senior baker....he loves to make cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies to bring to all his little old lady friends and the folks at the local bank, but on occasion he forgets ingredients....like sugar! I will leave that story for another day but he does have an interest in food and cooking so I can always have something to talk to him about...... In the meantime I was not to worry. I got up this morning and my bread that I mixed up last night had risen and was ready to go into the oven. I thought seeded rye would be perfect with some Dijon mustard and the corned beef I bought yesterday. After making a short trip to the corner Home Depot and picking a beautiful fall colored plant for the front porch (a bargain at only $12.99, it is huge) I came home and we feasted on big hot sandwich's with a side of homemade cole slaw and a cup of Italian veggie soup.. I always love to heat the corned beef just for about 30 seconds in the microwave....... It makes it taste like you just took it out of your oven and not out of the case at your local deli. The rye bread was still warm and crusty........this made the Boss happy. Hey, Sue what's for dinner?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again! Thanks! I LOVE toile!! For some reason when you leave a comment there's no email to respond back to you so I'll answer you here.

We live in Smyrna and the Goodwill I go to is in Smyrna. I also go to the one in Marietta by the Classy Flea. Do you ever go to that store? It's my favorite store! Oh and I went to Goodwill in Acworth a few weeks ago and it was really, really good. But it's too far of a drive normally for me to make it a regular stop. I think I've been to one in Alpharetta or maybe Sandy Springs once and it was a madhouse, but had good quality things.

Manuela

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh gosh...it's way to late here to be eating...but that looks very tasty! And I think you're right Sue...my hubby is crazy if he thinks he's not taking me to Paris!!! One way or the other I'm gonna get there!

Salmagundi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my Eiffel Tower post. I enjoyed your Eiffel Tower pictures when the trees were bare - what a different perspective!! I will be back to read your blog more thoroughly. You are right - there are no bad pictures of Paris. Sally