Sunday, October 19, 2008

ROAD TRIP................BARNSLEY GARDENS
















Barnsley Garden ruins......Adairsville Georgia













Fish Eye lens.......



















A BEE!!






















there were hundreds of these all over the ground......






































































Fancy smancy bathroom at the resturant on the grounds of the gardens.....I thought it was soap!!














one of many vacation rental houses on the property......

















beautiful scalloped roof on a purple house......














another vacation house.....
























8 comments:

Neabear said...

The purple flowers. I saw some of those on Saturday. See my post later this week. I am not sure if it is a type of lavendar or what. I notice the flowers are fuzzy. Do you know what it is called?

Liz Harrell said...

Oh yeah. I could live there. :)

nikkicrumpet said...

You have such a talent of capturing a mood with your pictures...I think my blood pressure actually dropped while I was viewing them....that is until I saw the PUBLIC bathroom mouthwash...OH MY would you ever use mouthwash that was available to ANYONE who walked in....uh uh no way not doing it lol

alice said...

Great photography!
I love the vacation home.
Very pretty, thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Beautiful shots!!! I'm with nikki on the mouthwash, though... yikes!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! We've never been there. Those vacation rentals are beautiful. Do you rent them through the Gardens or are they privately owned? I wonder if they'll let you bring dogs?

Manuela

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Sue,
Isn't BG a relaxing place! This was my 3rd time going. The first time was about 20 years ago...and it was before it was developed...just the ruins and museum...no golf course,cottages or restaurants. Loved all your beautiful pics! BG is really situated in a pretty area, isn't it? I loved all the rolling hills...like another world there. :-)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh, I tried to wash my hounds with the mouthwash, too...and so did one of my friends. LOL Fortunately, nothing came out...it wasn't working. I have a feeling everyone who goes in there must do that...that's probably why it doesn't actually work...so many folks trying to wash their hands using it. ;-)