Thursday, March 25, 2010

A TISKET AND TASKET.......Sally Sent Me an Easter Basket!

Every day when the mailman shows up he always has some sort of package
For the Boss....
I very rarely get anything unless LLBean is having some sort of sale....
So I was surprised today when he came in from picking up the mail and
handed me a big box.....
This couldn't be for me...I haven't bought anything?
That's when the Boss said....."It's for you from someone named Sally"YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My dear blog friend Sally from
Sent me this wonderful Milk Glass basket.....
Complete with Easter grass and chocolate eggs....
The adorable tag was such a nice touch don't you think?

Sally knows that I'm a collector of Milk Glass and she must know I also love
Chocolate....
What a wonderful unexpected surprise from a very special lady....
Thank You Sally!!!
You are so thoughtful and you knew what a good home it would be getting!


And here is a picture of my ever growing collection ........Thanks to the kindness
Of family and friends....
And the best part is that each new piece I get is a piece I didn't have....

Stop by and visit Sally if you don't already know her.......
You will fall in love with her....
She is what blogging is all about..


10 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

She sure picked the right person for this white milk glass basket. It's beautiful and the chocolate looks yummy.

sandie

Linda said...

Just stopping by and thought I'd leave a comment, hope you don't mind.

I love your new Easter basket. It was so nice and thoughtful. Blogging friends are the best aren't they!?!

You have such an amazing collection of milk glass. I love your punchbowl and have been looking for one myself. My mom has one that I fell in love with. I'll just keep thrifting and one will show up one day or another.

Take care and have a great weekend.
Linda

Cheri said...

You have quite the collection of milk glass... Wow! I have been looking for a few pieces myself and could kick myself when I think of all the pieces my mom and grandma put in yard sales. Who knew?

Kathleen said...

You have a great collection! I don't think I have any!
What a nice gift..enjoy..I heard along with salt there is going to be a ban on chocolate in NY..:(

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sue, how sweet of her to think of you and send you that perfect gift. You have an extensive milk glass collection don't you? I have been looking at milk glass and cream ware. Cream ware is a little costly.

Cathy said...

Love your milk glass collections, Sue. And what a lovely gift from your friend. There is something so exciting about getting a package in the mail. I love it when that UPS truck stops at my house.

elizabeth said...

arent unexpected packages just the best thing ever!!!!
Love your collection of dishes too!

Salmagundi said...

Hi Sue-- As usual, you are too kind with your words. You know I can never repay you for all of the wonderful things you have done for me. Glad you liked the little basket. I knew you had one basket, but this one was a little different shape. Enjoy the chocolate - I'm working on the other half of the bag. We're partners in choco crime! Sally

Linda Lou said...

What a sweet gift for a great gal--YOU! You have quite the collection of milk glass-now when is your birthday anyway??

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

That was so thoughtful of Sally!

I love your collection of milk glass, Sue