Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BLOGGER BOARD OF FAME!!

As Bloggers We All know that we all get all kinds of
Cards.....and Thank You's.....and Post Cards from Vacations.....
among assorted other goodies....
Oh and let's not forget all those wonderful gifts that the husbands still can't believe we
Get For No Reason....
And I was accumulating quite the lovely collection....I didn't want to just stash them all in a drawer someplace and forget about them...
They mean too much to me....

From Sally's Sweet Note
That came along with a wonderful Milkglass basket....

To Birthday Greetings.....

To Friends that Travel to far away Places.....
See that adorable little green box....
Yup...that's right....
Inside that box came.....
Those fabulous Macaroons direct from Paris....
They were Baked on Thursday and I was eating them on Friday.....
To a Thank You
Paper Flower from a favorite Blogger Daughter.....
"Thank You Grace"
So I went to Ikea and bought an old fashioned
Bulletin Board....
And I hung it in my Sewing Room....
To look at and enjoy...
The wonderful friends I have made along the way....
And To the Very Bestest of Friends that have shared my Life for
Almost 50 years.....

18 comments:

Julie Harward said...

What a good idea..I think I will have to do that too! Cute pic of you and your bestest friends too ;D

Kathleen Grace said...

Hey, I see something from me up there:>) I have a basket full of notes and tags from blog friends too, I need to get my inspiration board redone and get them up. It sure is fun to remember each person who cared enough to send a special card or gift!

gail said...

what a lovely idea!!! Since I'm new to blogging, I'm just realizing how wonderful this little community is!
gail

Cathy said...

I have a board in my sewing room too where I display some of my favorite things. I like being able to see them every day. What a nice post, Sue.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful memory board!
Hugs,
Penny

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sue once again a great idea! I also have my basket of cards from bloggy friends and I treasure them so much. Love the bulletin board idea.

Kathleen said...

Great idea! I heard about those macaroons!

Joyce said...

Fun board and I like the JERSEY friends photo.
Joyce

denisek said...

There are some things a computer will never replace. Things like cards you get in the mail, little gifts and hugs from friends are priceless.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great way to display simple treasures. I see you have the country living fair on the side. I sure hope to go at least one day if the grand baby doesn't come early.

Salmagundi said...

How clever of you!! And, to think I was included. You've been a very special blogger friend, and I'm sure blogger world is full of sweet notes from you, too. I know I have my share. Have a great weekend. Sally

Chatty Crone said...

That is a greatidea - you want to save all those little things, but your never sure where to save them.

sandie

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This is such a sweet idea, Sue! If I had your address i would have sent uou a post card when I was away on vacation recently.

Marigene said...

Macarons from Paris...someone really loves you! Great idea, using the bulletin board so you can smile each time you look at cards and notes your friends have sent.

Sarah said...

Great idea! I save almost all the cards and notes I receive from friends. Where to keep them is a problem. Great solution!

Cheryl said...

OK--I think it's pretty safe to speak for Marlene, Jan & of course myself, when I say we don't blog yet but we're ready to "visit Atlanta" as the "Oldies" in that picture whenever you tell us!! We've been thru so much over the years that a weekend "down south" would be perfect!!!!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

That's a great idea! I especially like that little green macaroon box! And couldn't help but notice "Long Beach" up there too - (big smile)...

Susie Q said...

Grace will be honored. : )
Love,
Sue