Thursday, November 27, 2008

CREAM PUFFS, NATHAN'S DOGS AND AMAZON.COM......








That was the extent of my Thanksgiving......I've been making cream puffs for years.....So long that it's considered my "signature" dessert...What possessed me to make them this morning with self-rising flour, I just don't know.......first batch into the trash compacter....second batch perfect....... I filled them with a pumpkin-whipped cream filling and I must say they were delish. Much lighter then pumpkin pie but just as flavorful......I was leaving the Walmart the other day when I spied, sitting alone on a shelf, a box of Jello instant pumpkin spice pudding.....with a little sign on the box that said "Limited Edition".....okay, being a collector for over 38 years that intrigued me....But then again it's just pudding.....But it's really good pudding. If you ever see it while your shopping pick it up because it will not disappoint. I mixed the pudding with 1 cup of milk then blended it into a 1/2 pint of whipped up whipping cream. Me and the Boss for sure will be eating all of them by tomorrow morning.....I did send half next door to the Necie family, after all we don't want to indulge too much....calories need to be counted. I hope they enjoyed them as much as we did......On to Nathan's....a day without a hot dog is like a day without sunshine...even if it is a holiday....And while I was munching on the dog I ordered tons of stuff on Amazon.com for the holidays...I love being able to shop from the comfort of my own home and have it shipped to me for free.......and no sales tax!!! I hope your day was just as good....and yes, that really is my husband and no he doesn't leave the house looking like that but right now he is sitting next to me on the couch and he does have an ice pack on his head??? After 38 years all I can do is shake my head........................

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

I was intrigued by the post title and was not disappointed! I love Nathan's hot dogs, used to have them when I was a kid working on the boardwalk in Atlantic City, NJ. And those cream puffs look divine~!

Ah, shopping from home. It's the bomb, I tell you. I can get into trouble that way when I begin pouring the wine and then I am not so frugal when it comes to the shopping. But damn, that Amazon has such good deals AND free shipping AND almost anything you need!

Your hubby looks like a lot of fun.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I've never seen the Jello "limited edition" pumpkin spice pudding (LOL...limited edition jello!), but if I did I'd scoop it up for sure. This year I took sugar free vanilla pudding (for the Mom) mixed with skim milk, dropped in a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. I dropped into mini graham cracker shells but it would be FAB in cream puff shells!!