Sunday, July 20, 2008

SEEDED RYE BREAD.....THE BEST YET!


With the cost of bread climbing every day I have kicked up my bread baking. Usually making a loaf every other day I needed to expand my selection. Today I tried seeded rye....It was fabulous....Hard and crusty on the outside and super flaky on the inside, it was a hit matched up with tuna/salmon salad. By adding caraway seeds to the dough and replacing a 1/2 cup of bread flour with a 1/2 cup of rye flour I got actual New York deli style Jewish Rye.......where's the liverwurst!! I have to thank Zoe Francois at http://www.zoebakes.com/ for all her expert advise and always being on the other end of my frantic e-mails.....Thanks Zoe!! My next project......pumpernickel.

1 comment:

Zoe Francois said...

Hi Suey,

Gorgeous loaf!!!!

It is my pleasure to talk about bread and answer any questions you may have. I'll look forward to hearing from you again!

Much Thanks! Zoƫ